Egg Consumption Cracks New Heights
- Australians ate an average of 15 more eggs in 2011 than in 2010.
- In 2011, the Australian egg industry produced about 12.9 million eggs each day.
- In 2011, 128.4 million eggs were sold in Australia.
- Egg sales increased by 5% in 2011, compared to 2010, and by 19% compared to 2006.
- The sale of "free range" eggs rose by 24% compared to 2010 while the sale of barn-laid eggs (e.g. conventional eggs) fell by 3%.
PLEASE SUPPORT NONPROFIT RESEARCH FOR ANIMALS
Did you find this research helpful in your work for animals? If so, please consider a donation to the Humane Research Council to help us with the costs of maintaining, expanding, and improving HumaneSpot.org.