U.S. Consumer Attitudes on Food Safety
- 71% of U.S. consumers believe that the food supply is safe, despite food contamination issues.
- 93% of consumers have seen or heard something recently about food contamination and the recall of related food products.
- 68% believe that the number of food contamination is increasing over the past several years.
- Due to recent food contamination issues, 65% have made short-term changes in the foods they buy, but will not change behavior over the long term.
- 23% will seek longer term measures due to incidents of food contamination.
- 29% show higher levels of concern about the foods they eat.
- Consumers hold regulators responsible for food safety, specifically food safety regulators (49%), food processors (21%), and food manufacturers (21%)
PLEASE SUPPORT NONPROFIT RESEARCH FOR ANIMALS
Did you find this research helpful in your work for animals? If so, please consider a donation to the Humane Research Council to help us with the costs of maintaining, expanding, and improving HumaneSpot.org.